Friday, June 28, 2013

Tip of the Day June 28, 2013

This tip is more of a non-nutrition, non-exercise tip. However, it can help you in other ways.

This is more of a mental exercise, for those that may need more of a confidence boost. I've noticed lately that confidence and self-esteem have become more of a problem as social media becomes more dominant in our lives.

We compare ourselves to these celebrities in social media and these other "famous" people that are in magazines, TV shows, movies, etc. I'm not saying everyone does, but there are people who do.

To combat this and stop thinking down on yourself, I want you to do this exercise.

Write down at least 5 good things about yourself. It can be about anything. Realize that you do have good qualities. Here are my 5 things:


  1. I have a nice smile. Everyone always compliments me on that.  
  2. I know how to bake at least decently. The people that have tried them love my baked goods. 
  3. I am open and honest. I know when something is my fault and I take responsibility for it.
  4. I am consistent when it comes to exercise. I know exercise and physical activity is important, so I do my best to at least exercise 5 days a week. 
  5. Last, but not least, my legs. That is something I've been debating about though. I wish my legs (especially my thighs) would be smaller, but people say I have nice legs. So, I guess I have to agree with them then. It's still taking me a while for it to sink in, but I'm getting there. After all, my legs are muscular and I am able to do more physical activity without getting tired too easily. With more muscle, I can run faster. I can hike and not get as tired. 
It was hard thinking of this list. However, once you start thinking more positively about yourself, you'll have more confidence and self-esteem. =)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...