Anyway, I decided to try to make my day a little bit better by making granola. I love granola. It's delicious, but it's almost quite expensive to buy. You can eat granola by itself, with milk, on yogurt, it's yummy. It's especially good with fat free frozen yogurt.
Today is my first time making granola and I have to say, it didn't turn out as bad as I thought. I thought that I'd probably burn the whole thing, but I didn't. I burnt 1/8 of it. I waited 10 minutes before stirring the batch, while I should have done it every 5 minutes or so. I've learned my lesson. But, hey, I know what to do next time and I still have great tasting granola. It's cheaper than store bought ones and much healthier. If you make 10 servings, it's around 115 calories. I don't know how much that is though. Just divide it into 10 servings and see how it turns out. Anyway, here's the recipe. Enjoy. :)
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 tsp canola oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a bowl, mix together the oats, cinnamon and brown sugar.
3. Add in the oil, honey and vanilla extract. Mix well.
4. Pour the mixture onto a pan and spread it out.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, mixing it every 4 to 5 minutes. Make sure it doesn't burn.
So, what type of weather do you guys like?
What's your favorite food?