Sunday, March 18, 2012

Shirataki

I can't believe it. After hearing about Shirataki noodles a long long time ago, I finally bought them! They are a bit expensive though, but, they are worth every penny. Well, it's because they are healthy and  they are really low in calories. And, I mean really low. I bought the Tofu Shirataki and there were 2 servings in the package, each 20 calories. That's a total of 40 calories in the package, and it's a lot of noodles! The only downside is that there's a strange odor to the noodles and that the noodles are a bit tasteless and rubbery. As long as you add sauce, seasonings and other things, it'll taste just fine. You can cook it any way you want too.
For me, I just used whatever was in the house to cook these noodles. We hadn't gone grocery shopping in a while, and we were running low on things. So, instead of shrimp and chicken, I used turkey sausage. At least we had some green beans. I also added some soy sauce too. Anyway, you can make it any way you want. I hope you enjoy this. If you can, use shrimp and chicken instead, but, really, any type of meat is fine. 

Ingredients:
  • Shirataki noodles
  • meat (diced, cut) shrimp, chicken, anything you want. 
  • vegetables (frozen veggies, green beans, broccoli)
  • soy sauce
  • sesame oil
Directions: 
  1. Boil the vegetables. 
  2. Rinse the noodles, and then boil for a few minutes. 
  3. Add sesame oil to a pan and cook the meat. Then, add the vegetables and noodles. 
  4. Cook over the heat for about 4 minutes. Then, add the soy sauce and mix it in well. 
  5. Put the noodles on a plate or anything you want to eat them with and enjoy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...