Sunday, October 14, 2012

Brown Rice arroz con leche

Hey everyone!  I'm finally happy that the weather is so much warmer today. It's such a nice change from Friday. It was winter weather on Friday. 
Anyway, I told you guys I made brown rice arroz con leche. So, I'm going to give you guys my recipe. But, first, I have to tell you about my day. 
Well, I actually went to a neighbor's birthday party. It was pretty fun. We ate, did karaoke and ate chocolate ice cream cake. It was delicious! Karaoke was fun too, even though I didn't know most of the songs. Apparently, my musical taste is very different from other peoples. Anyway, I had a pretty busy weekend, as you see. The party was also an unplanned thing for the day. We didn't even know about the party until they told as today. As you see, some last minute things can be pretty fun. After the party, I decided to try making banana protein muffins. And, guess what! They're only 50 calories each. They taste good too. I'll post the recipe some other time. Anyway, here's the recipe for arroz con leche. 

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup dry brown rice
  • 2 tsp ground cinnamon 
  • 4 cups water
  • 4 cups fat free milk
  • 1/2  cup sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
Directions:
  1. In a pot, boil the water and the ground cinnamon. Then add in the rice. Cook uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. 
  2.  Drain the rice. 
  3. Add in the milk, sugar and vanilla extract. 
  4. Bring it to a low boil and let it simmer for 30 to 45 min, stirring occasionally so the rice won't stick to the pot. 
  5. If you like the rice cold, let it cool in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
  6. If you like it warm, the mixture will be liquidity. 
  7. Garnish with some ground cinnamon or fruit if you want. 
  8. Enjoy





 Do you like arroz con leche?
Do you like hot or cold food?
Do you like karaoke?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...