Monday, October 22, 2012

Vegan Sesame Almond Cookie Review, Clif Peanut Toffee Buzz Review, Marathon Smart Stuff Snickers Crunch Chocolate Crisp Review, TrueBar Raspberry Chocolate Almond Review

It's raining, it's pouring, and it's cold. That pretty much describes today's weather. I don't like this kind of weather. It makes things feel gloomy. I also don't like cold weather. What's even scary is that there were tornado warnings up NorthEast of where I live. There were actually tornados. And to think they normally happen in the MidEast of the US.
Anyway, what to do when the weather is cold?

Get a cup of coffee and a sweet treat!


I got a cup of Italian coffee from my school's bookstore cafe and I got a Vegan Sesame Almond Cookie. I added some cinnamon to the coffee and splenda, which I didn't like. I just wanted to try it. I learned that drinking it black is the best way to go, just how I usually drink it. But, it was okay because the cookie was delicious. It was soft and chewy and had the perfect blend of almonds and sesame. There was just the right amount of sweetness too. Soft, chewy, sweet cookies are the best. My only complaint is that it was a bit greasy. I wonder what kind of fats vegans use in their baked goods. I hope it's healthy fats. I may ask the cafe people next time (aka, tomorrow).

Also at the cafe, I bought this Marathon Smart Stuff Snickers Crunch Chocolate Crisp bar. What caught my attention was that it said Snickers. I've never seen these kind of bars before. I just had to try it. So, I bought it and ate it as a pre-workout snack.


This bar was actually pretty good. It tasted like snickers. I like how the almonds added a crunch to the bars, which was really good. It's also "healthier" than regular snickers.

So, after my workout today, I decided to eat the Clif Peanut Toffee Buzz. I've been reading a lot of positive reviews about these. I was so eager to try it.



Well, I was a bit disappointed. I mean, yes, it was delicious, but it didn't live up to my expectations. There was a lot of peanut taste to it. But, the toffee part was hard to taste. You can see the toffee bits in the bar though. I think the peanuts overpowered it. It's still pretty good though and the icing added a bit of sweetness which made it taste better. By the way, my workout today was intervals on the elliptical.

I ironically ate the Clif bar right before my nutrition class. We learned about antioxidants, calcium,  and bone health today. It's scary how many people aren't meeting their calcium needs. It's important to get enough calcium before you turn a certain age (the average is age 30). I may talk more about that later. It's also important to do weight bearing exercises such as walking or running.

Anyway, the last review for this post is the TrueBar Raspberry Chocolate Almond Bar.



These bars are gluten free and all natural. And, guess what? They taste great. And, it's really healthy. It does have a healthy trail mix taste to it but it's delicious. It's chewy and gets its crunch fro the almonds. There is a raspberry taste in every bite too. I really recommend this bar.

So, do you think you're getting enough calcium in your diet?
Do you like cold weather?
Do you ever try vegan baked goods just to see how they taste (such as cookies)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...