Sunday, October 28, 2012

Black Bean Burger and LUNA Blueberry Bliss Bar Review

Hey everyone. How's your weekend going? Well, mine has been fine. I went to a birthday party and I studied for my tests.
Anyway, I'm finally posting the Black Bean Burger recipe. It's a pretty basic recipe but it will give you the results you want. Plus, if you make your own black bean burgers instead of buying them, you know what is in them.
I also went to Gold Corral (a buffet)on Friday and the food has improved quite a bit since the last time I went....4 years ago. They even have a chocolate fountain, which is cool. I dipped strawberries and a rice krispie treat in it. I was also so happy that they had sweet potatoes too. But, I'm guessing people like regular ones instead of sweet potatoes since the regular ones ran out faster. What was bad is that I ate a lot! I always eat a TON at buffets. I was so full afterwords.
 Later that day, I also made TIU's Banana cookies. It has only 3 ingredients, but it's also delicious. I'll post that recipe later. 
Anyway, enough chit chat. Here's the Black Bean Burger recipe.

Ingredients:

  • 1 can black beans (rinsed)
  • 1/3 cup oats
  • 2 tablespoon ketchup
  • 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp onion powdr
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp white pepper powder

Directions:
  1. Drain and rinse the can of beans. Put it in a bowl and mash with a fork. 
  2. Mix in the oats, ketchup and rice vinegar. 
  3. Add in the spices. 
  4. Form 4 patties with the burger mixture. 
  5. Preheat the oven to 400 F and then bake for 7 minutes on each side. 
  6. It can be 5 minutes on each side too, depending on the strength of your oven. 
  7. Take out and enjoy. 





And now, here's a review of the LUNA Blueberry Bliss Bar.


This LUNA bar was actually pretty good, considering it's not chocolate. Well, maybe it's because I love blueberries. Anyway, its texture was chewy like any other LUNA bar. There weren't any blueberries in the bar. All of it was on the topping. But, the topping was really good. It's like blueberry jam with frosting and almonds on it. It was pretty good.

I should stick to chocolate. It is nice to switch it up a bit though, especially if it's blueberry, raspberry or strawberry. I don't care for cherries, but that nature valley recharge bar with it was pretty good.


Anyway, do you like buffets? Do you overeat there whenever you go?
Do you like non-meat burgers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...