|These are the ones my aunt made. I helped her.|
|Mines didn't turn out so pretty, but they were delicious.|
- 1 bag glutinous rice flour
- 1 bag wheat starch
- 1 bag of brown candy sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 cups water
- In a pot, boil the water and add all the sugar until it all melts and dissolves. Then, mix in half the bag of wheat starch. Keep mixing and stirring until it gets a bit thick. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, mix together the rest of the dry ingredients and form a volcano. In the center of the volcano, add in the sugar mixture.
- Mix the mixture together until it forms a dough. You may need to mix and knead it a few times. Be careful, since the mixture is hot.
- Once the dough has formed, you take small bits of dough and roll them into palls. Place them on a pan. Put them all together on the pan. Once you have used up all the dough to make the small balls, steam them for 30 minutes. You may need more than 1 pan.
- Take out and enjoy. You might want to let them cool a bit first. Remember to cover these soon, for these tend to dry out a bit easier due to the lack of lipids.
As you see, mines didn't turn out so pretty, but the ones I helped my aunt make did. At least mines tasted the same. It just looks different.