Wednesday, November 23, 2011

More Favorite Health Foods

 I love chocolate. Chocolate is delicious. Yummy chocolate bars, candy bars. Who doesn't agree? It's rich, and it makes me feel good, until I realize how many calories I've eaten worth of chocolate.
I want to eat my favorite chocolate bars while still getting the nutrients I need. That's why I like certain types of granola bars, including these Clif bars. These are S'mores Cliff Bars, and boy are they good. I love that they make the bottom chocolate, The top is sort of like a rice krispie, but much chewier. However, the top part did have a bit of an odd taste to them. These are good and did satisfy my craving. They're ogranic and they have tons of nutrients.  But, if you want something more unhealthy, but tastier, I say that it's probably best to make your own rice krispie treats, melt some dark chocolate, and spread them on the treats.
These bars are also only 180 calories, better than the 280 calorie snicker bars. Here's a picture I took of the Luna Bar package. They're only 99 cents at Target. If you look through my other posts, there is a Luna Bar recipe too.

Another type of granola bar I tried are these:
These are the Snack Well's Bars and my friend gave me one to try. Sadly, they are not chocolate.  However, I do love cinnamon too. These bars are absolutely delicious. It tastes like a cinnamon roll, and the glaze on top makes it even better. This is must try. They're only 140 calories too! Score. They also come in different flavors too, including a chocolate one. I must try it when I can.


So, I've talked about healthy granola bars. Now, let's talk about sandwiches. I love these sandwich thins, which I think I have mentioned before. But, here's the picture of the actual package. I also love peanut butter and nutella. Make a sandwich with them and  it's like you're lost in a dream. The peanut butter I chose is healthy, and it costs a little less than 4 dollars. 190 calories per 2 tablespoons, but these have omega 3s, and are much healthier. The nutella, I can deal with. I mean, it's chocolate. ;)



You can use more filling. Add 1 tablespoon of each instead.




Also, instead of using these dessert like fillings, I also make these sandwiches with this bread:
  • peanut butter and honey sandwich
  • peanut butter and banana
  • the combination of the two above
  • peanut butter and nutella (of course)
  • veggie burger, the Boca kind
  • egg whites with the oven roasted turkey breast deli meat (Hillshire Farms)
  • hummus. :D
  • and much more. 
What's your favorite type of sandwich?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...