Saturday, November 26, 2011

Sausage Crescent Rolls

 At Costco, we bought the turkey sausage and the refrigerated crescent rolls. I thought, let's try making sausage crescent rolls. So, I made them. I made them for breakfast for my siblings. They're pretty good, but my sister says that you can taste the bread a lot though. Also, I fried some egg, along with the rolls. Here's a pic:









 It looks quite delicious, doesn't it? Don't you like the happy face I made with the eggs and the rolls?

Anyways, here's the recipe. Enjoy. :)

Ingredients:
  • crescent rolls
  • turkey sausage

Directions:
  1. Divide the dough into 8 parts.
  2. Roll them like play dough, like  shape of a worm.
  3. Wrap it around the sausage.
  4. Preheat the oven to 350 F and bake them for 12 to 15 min.
  5. Take them out and enjoy. 
By the way, each sausage crescent roll is 140 calories, with the products I used.  








  I decided to use some of the turkey sausage we bought for something else too. You guys are thinking, what are those things on the plate? Well, it's an egg white veggie omelet, turkey sausage, and whole wheat bread with dulce de leche. It was pretty yummy. The only thing I might do different next time is add more veggies to the omelet.
So, how many calories was this? Well, for the bread, I just ate one slice of the sandwich thins. So, that counts as 50 calories. The turkey sausage was 80 calories. The egg whites were 40 calories, since I used 2 egg whites. The veggies were about 20 calories. So, this breakfast was around 200 calories. Not bad at all, and it was delicious and filling. The egg whites and sausage gave a salty egg while the bread with dulce de leche gave something sweet to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...