Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!! Mini Pumpkin Pie.

Happy Thanksgiving you guys! Happy Turkey Day. 感恩节快乐! Feliz Día de Gracias. Today was such a nice day. Yes, I am posting this kind of late, but hey. I was busy. So, Thanksgiving was okay. I stayed home all day, and I baked bread to bring to the family potluck. Everyone loved them. 
I also baked these mini pumpkin pies. As you see, they look ugly (epic fail). That's why I didn't bring them. They tasted okay though. I like the Costco pumpkin pie a lot better. The filling is good, the crust is terrible. I should have used a pre-made crust instead of making one from scratch. I tried using a sugar cookie base for this pie, but, it didn't turn out. Lesson learned Use premade crust. The filling was really good though. So, I'll just give you guys the recipe for the filling. 
This also reminds me of the egg tarts I made. The egg custard was the best I've ever had, but, the crust didn't turn out so good. So, I guess I'm just not a crust making person. Oh well. I will post the egg tart recipe, well, the egg custard part. Once I get the crust right, I will post that too. But, for now, the pumpkin pie filling. :) 

Ingredients: 
  • 1 can pumpkin puree (15 oz)
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 tsp ground all spice
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
Directions: 
  1. Mix all the above ingredients together. If you are making mini pumpkin pies, preheat the oven to 425 F, let it bake for 15 min, the lower the temp to 350 and continue baking for 25 min.
  2. If you want to make it crustless, I would play around with it. I would still bake it at 425 F for 15 min, and then lower it to 350. However, I don't know how long to bake it at 350. I assume around 40 minutes. Just keep checking on it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...