Sunday, May 20, 2012

Vegan Brownies

Hello everyone! How are you guys today? I'm sorry for not posting for a while. I've been really busy with AP tests and school. The tests were hard but I managed to push through. What's fun is that on Friday, we learned how to dance the salsa en la clase de Español. With all the AP testing done, we don't have much to do in my AP Spanish class. I got an A on the final (and it was all handwritten free response, no multiple choice) and now, we have to make a movie about one of the stories we've read during the year. It'll be fun. My group is going to make a movie about Jaque mate en dos jugadas.
Also, in my Anatomy and Physiology class,  we're learning about nutrition, since we just studied the digestive system. I've learned some pretty surprising stuff from Mr. Warren, the teacher. I'll post more on what I've learned in my next post.
Anyway, on other news, I'm pondering on whether I should become vegan or vegetarian. I really want to eat healthier and more natural. Also, it'll help me lose some weight for the summer. However, having Asian parents, who think that meat, white rice, and vegetables are a must, it'll be hard. They don't agree with that kind of eating, unless the person has health problems. I'll eat vegan, or at least vegetarian, as much as I can, but we'll see how my parents will react. The idea came to me yesterday when I read Cassey's post from Blogilates, talking about how a vegan diet can be more beneficial for your health and challenged readers to try a vegan diet for 2 weeks.
So, with that, I decided to make one of my favorite desserts, brownies. However, not just any brownies. I'm talking about healthier, vegan brownies. After researching more about a vegan diet, I decided to make changes to my current recipes for brownies and make them vegan. They're actually delicious. Enjoy. :)

Ingredients:
  • 1   1/4 cups whole wheat  flour
  • 1   cup whole wheat pastry flour
  • 2   cups brown sugar
  • 1   cup unsweetened cocoa powdr
  • 2   tsp baking powder
  • 1/2  cup olive oil
  • 1  1/2 cup water (or non dairy milk)
  • 1/2  cup mashed banana
  • 2   tsp vanilla extract
  • chocolate chips (optional)
Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. 
  2. In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. 
  3. In another bowl, mix together the wet ingredients. 
  4. Mix the dry ingredients INTO the wet ingredients. 
  5. Pour into a pan and bake for 20 to 30 minutes. It depends on what size pan you use and how you divide it. 
  6. Wait for it to cool before cutting it into squares. Enjoy.









 Enjoy the brownies. :)

So, how was your weekend? 
What's your favorite dessert?
What's your opinion on being vegan or vegetarian?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...