Anyway, as you know, I made Chinese sponge cake yesterday. I'm so happy because it actually turned out this time. It took 5 tries until it turned out right. I'm so happy.
On top of that, the cake is delicious. My family already devoured it. It's only been a day since I made it too. It tastes a lot better than the bakery cakes and it is healthier. It uses canola oil instead of butter. That, I am happy about. No saturated fat.
Anyway, it can take a while to master making a sponge cake. Don't worry if it doesn't turn out the first time. I'm so happy because now, I can make those Chinese fruit sponge cakes that they make for birthdays. All I have to do is add frosting, cream, and fruit.
Anyway, here's the recipe.
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil (any type is fine)
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 egg whites
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- Mix batter A with a hand mixer until just mixed.
- In another bowl, using an electric mixer, whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar (B) for 5 minutes until soft peaks form.
- Then, mix batter A with an electric mixer for about 4 to 5 mintues.
- Pour batter B into A. Then, mix them together, stirring in only one direction using a rubber spatula.
- Pour into the rice cooker and set it to the cake setting. It should take about 45 minutes.
- Once it's done cooking, open up the rice cooker and take the cake out.
- You can decorate the cake with frosting, fruit and with whatever you want. You can even cut the cake in the middle to add pastry cream.
- Enjoy. :)
I hope you guys enjoy the cake. :)
Anyway, now, back to the Spanish movie project. My group filmed Jaque mate en dos jugadas. I had so much fun filming the movie, even though it took 4 hours to film a 5 to 6 minute movie. Then again, my friend got distracted by Avatar the last airbender and we also ate pizza too.
We also messed up so many times, laughing. It was hard to keep things serious. There was a light saber fight and it took so much effort to not laugh. There was also a scene where I was suppose to drive to this one place. Well, I had to use my friends car, first of all. He said he unlocked the car and all I had to do was pretend to unlock in and then get in. He gave me the keys, and then we filmed and I walked up to the car. But, when I opened the car door, the alarm rang. My friend got really mad at me while the rest of us were laughing our heads off. It was so funny. I said sorry and he said that I shouldn't have pushed any buttons and that I should stay off the roads. It's not my fault. He still blames me.
Here's the video. Comments and suggestions would be nice.
The link is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLlMGk7VF30
I hope you guys enjoy watching it. Some parts are really hilarious. Tell me what you think, especially about my Spanish speaking and my acting.
Anyway, do you guys like acting?
What's your favorite type of cake?