Monday, May 28, 2012

My weekend and a cake

Hello everyone! How are you guys today? It's Memorial Day. Appreciate the bravery and strength veterans had to protect and fight for our country.
Now, how was your guy's weekend? I know that since it's Memorial Day,  people probably had  BBQs, with burgers (ahem. veggie burgers), salad, pies and all that good stuff. Lol. Macaroni salad, potato salad, all that stuff. Well, instead, I'm making this chinese sponge cake. It's cooking right now as I type this. I'll post the recipe later, when I know if the cake turns out or not.
 Anyway, my weekend was really fun. I went to San Fran, and of course since I went to San Fran, I went to Chinatown. There were a lot more tourists from when the last time I went. Maybe it's because school is letting out. Anyway, there was this one street where a huge group of tourists wanted to take a picture of. They were all standing on the street and this one lady fell off the sidewalk while trying to take the picture.
There were so many people taking pictures of Chinatown. However, some people were impolite. There was a lady that took a picture of old Chinese women buying some dried fish from one of the stores. As you know, Asians have a way of checking if the food is good or not.  I'm assuming they thought it would be something good to take a picture of. Strange.  Anyway, after my mom bought some stuff she wanted, we went to a chinese bakery, one of my favorite ones.
There pineapple buns (bolo bao) are amazing. They have no filling though. Their red bean buns are delicious as well. I like them better than the bolo bao. But, if they were to to put red bean paste in their bolo, that would be the best bread ever.
I'm sad though, since the last time I went, they had these hello kitty cookies:
But, they didn't have them this time I went. I was hoping to buy some, but oh well. It was too late. The day I went to San Fran, GEM Tang was suppose to be performing, but I didn't know until I saw posters in Chinatown. I was sad since I didn't get any tickets.

Anyway, I also filmed my Spanish movie with my group. We had so much fun filming it. However, it took 4 hours to film like a 3 to 5 minute movie. Hopefully, we end up getting a good grade, or at least a decent one. Hey. At least I'm graduating soon. I only have 4 more days of high school left and then I'm free. I'm so happy and excited. The senior's last day of school is June 1st while the rest gets out on June 13th.
Anyway, back to the Spanish project. I talked the most, because of the character I was. So, you guys can judge my Spanish. I will post the video when it's done editing. I'll also talk about it more in another post because the filming process was so hilarious and funny. Let's just say a car alarm went off during filming.
Anyway, that's the end of my post. The next ones will be about my Chinese sponge cake and my Spanish movie.

So, how was your guy's weekend?
Did you do anything fun?

2 comments:

  1. ahhhh I love San Fran and the Chinatown over there! Sounds like you're having a "tasty" weekend! :) I had a great, blessed Sunday and today was just as nice since Greg and I spent it relaxing and went to look for some house furniture. And then.......we had THE BEST INDIAN FOOD WE'VER EVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVER TRIED IN THE STATES!! It was "almost" as good as India's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Yes. I loved the red bean buns. They were delicious. You have to try it. ;) The Chinese sponge cake was really good too.
      And, that sounds like a nice weekend. Sounds like you and Greg are having the life being married. ;) especially with the Indian Food. I'm guessing you like hot and spicy food too.
      I love naan with curry. :) I went to an Indian restaurant in San Fran and the food was delicious.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...