Thursday, October 4, 2012

Brown Rice Fried Rice

I've been craving fried rice for such a long time. I mean, my parents do make fried rice, but they always put spam in it and use jasmine white rice. I don't eat pork and I don't usually eat white rice.

Finally, I made myself some fried rice last night. I cooked a batch of brown rice, so I decided to make some fried rice with it. I'm so glad I did because it was delicious. Yea, it's not the same as the ones my parents make, but it's still really good. It's also a lot healthier too. The recipe is only around 330 calories, and it's a lot of rice too. I was going to save half for another meal but I ended eating eating all 330 calories worth of it because it was just too good.
Before I give you the recipe, I have some things to say. I still have to write up posts about fats as well as proteins. My nutrition class went over proteins this week. They will be up eventually. So, be sure to keep an eye out for them. There'll also be product reviews coming up too.  Also, I finally ran my best mile time ever in my life. 7:50 for one mile. I ran 5 miles in 37:20 today.


Here's the recipe. You can use just egg whites instead of the whole egg if you want, but the egg yolk has a lot of nutrients to it.

Ingredients: 

  • 1 cup cooked brown rice
  • 1 egg
  • 1 stick imitation crab meat
  • 1 mini turkey sausage link
  • 2 tablespoons frozen peas (optional)
  • 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
  • olive oil cooking spray (to coat the pan)
You can put anything you want in your fried rice.

Directions:

  1. Heat up a non-stick pan or wok to medium heat. Spray with olive oil cooking spray. 
  2. Cut up the turkey sausage and the crab eat. 
  3. Crack the egg into the pan and scramble the eggs. Add in the meats and the vegetables that you wish to put in and cook the.
  4. Then, add in the rice. Mix well and stir in the pan. 
  5. Mix in the soy sauce and any other seasonings you wish to add. Garlic salt, salt, pepper, sugar, anything you like. I didn't add any to keep things simple and still tasty. 
  6. The fried rice is now done. Enjoy with some steamed vegetables if desired. 


Do you guys like fried rice?
Do you guys try to make healthier versions of ethnic foods? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...