Saturday, October 13, 2012

Brown Rice Horchata (horchata de arroz integral)

íHola! How are you guys today? Estoy bien. Pero, no me gusta el clima hoy. Hace frío. Hice Horchata y arroz con leche hoy con arroz integral. Arroz integral es bueno para la salud. 
Translated: Hi! How are you guys today? I'm good. But, I don't like today's weather. It's cold. Today, I made horchata (rice milk) and arroz con leche (rice pudding) with brown rice. Rice is good for the health.
So, the weather is unusually cold for this time of year and I don't know why. It's strange.
Anyway, the reason why I made horchata and arroz on leche is that we have milk that needs to be used up. And, arroz con leche uses a lot of milk. I'll be posting that recipe later. Anyway, horchata is my favorite Mexican drink. I remember drinking it for the first time in May. It was rich, creamy and delicious! However, for the horchata I made, I had to improvise since I did not have cinnamon sticks. Instead, I had ground cinnamon. It still worked out fine. I also made it healthier by using skim milk. Anyway, here's the recipe.

Ingredients:



  • 1 cup brown rice/ 1 taza arroz integral
  • 4 cups water/ 4 tazas agua
  • 1 cup milk/ 1 taza leche
  • 1/3 cup sugar/ 1/3 taza azucar
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract/2 cucharaditas de extracto de vainilla
  • 2 tsp ground cinnamon/ 2 cucharaditas de canela en polvo    
 Directions:
  1. Combine the cinnamon with the rice. Soak in water for at least 8 hours. 
  2. Mix in milk, sugar, and vanilla. Blend for 5 minutes.  
  3. Pass the mixture through a fine sieve. Discard the remaining pulp. 
  4. Pour into a pitcher. Refrigerate. 
  5.   Now, you can pour into glass cups and enjoy. =)
So, do you guys like horchata or arroz con leche?
Do you like to healthify recipes? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...