So, what did I use to make these? I used Gluten Free Rice Krispie Cereal, the brown rice kind. I also used protein powder, honey, peanut butter and a little cinnamon. They taste great. I was craving Rice Krispie Treats but I knew that the other kinds are unhealthy. That's why I made these. They're great for a snack during the day or before and after a workout.
I know that it may seem weird that marshmallows aren't used, but trust me. These taste great. Here's the recipe. Enjoy.
- 4 cups Gluten Free Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- and any other add ins such as chocolate chips
- In a bowl, mix together the cereal, protein powder and cinnamon.
- In a pan, heat the peanut butter and honey until the peanut butter melts.
- Remove from heat and the mix in the cereal mixture.
- Grease a 9x13 pan or put wax paper on it and then pour in the mixture. You can use a smaller pan if you like thicker Rice Krispies.
- Press it down until all the rice mixture fills the pan. Then, let it cool.
- Once it's cool, cut it into 20 bars. It'll be around 112 calories each.
So, do you guys like rice krispie treats?
Do you guys like healthifying your favorite treats?