Friday, October 5, 2012

Protein Rice Krispie Treats

Hey hey everyone. Guess what I made today. I made Rice Krispie Treats. These Rice Krispies are actually healthier since I used healthy ingredients. They're also delicious.
So, what did I use to make these? I used Gluten Free Rice Krispie Cereal, the brown rice kind. I also used protein powder, honey, peanut butter and a little cinnamon. They taste great. I was craving Rice Krispie Treats but I knew that the other kinds are unhealthy. That's why I made these. They're great for a snack during the day or before and after a workout.
I know that it may seem weird that marshmallows aren't used, but trust me. These taste great. Here's the recipe. Enjoy.

Ingredients:
  • 4 cups Gluten Free Rice Krispies
  • 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
  • 2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup honey 
  • and any other add ins such as chocolate chips
Directions:
  1. In a bowl, mix together the cereal, protein powder and cinnamon. 
  2. In a pan, heat the peanut butter and honey until the peanut butter melts. 
  3. Remove from heat and the mix in the cereal  mixture. 
  4. Grease a 9x13 pan or put wax paper on it and then pour in the mixture. You can use a smaller pan if you like thicker Rice Krispies. 
  5. Press it down until all the rice mixture fills the pan. Then, let it cool. 
  6. Once it's cool, cut it into 20 bars. It'll be around 112 calories each. 
  7. Enjoy. 









So, do you guys like rice krispie treats?
Do you guys like healthifying your favorite treats?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...