Sunday, March 25, 2012

What I did today: THE HUNGER GAMES!!! and food and fitness

"May the odds be ever in your favor." Apparently, not for Katniss's sister. Every year, in the nation of Panem (in the once known area as North America), there are 12 districts. 1 boy and 1 girl are chosen as tributes to represent their District in the annual Hunger Games. During the "reaping" in District 12, the coal district,  Katniss's sister Prim is picked. Wanting to protect her sister, Katniss volunteers herself as tribute, making her the first volunteer in their District. To make things worse, Peeta is chosen as the male tribute. He helped her during her family's great time of need, when they were close to starvation. As it turns out, Peeta had a long time crush on Katniss and this plays an important role in the movie as well as the book. Let's just say that the idea of "star crossed lovers" is very appealing.
Ok, so, why did I just talk about the Hunger Games? Well, I watched the movie today with friends. It was awesome! For the most part, it followed the book, which is good. Jennifer Lawrence did a great job portraying the role of Katniss and you can tell she was into it. With the emotion she put in, it was great. Same with Josh Hutcherson, who played Peeta. They seemed so much in love (well, Peeta, that is). I have to say, Katniss is better off with Peeta than with Gale. haha. I say that because Gale looked pretty jealous when he saw them together during the games. They both are pretty cute though. However, Gale seems more like a brother to her, helping take care of her family. Katniss really loves her sister.
So, anyway, I still can't stop thinking about the movie. So, the movie theatre is located in a mall, so, after watching the movie, I went shopping. I didn't buy anything though. After shopping, me and my friends were hungry, so we went to the food court. Faced with Panda Express, Sbarro, Hot Dog on a Stick, Mediterranean Food, another Asian food place, a sandwich place and some other food court stalls, I decided to choose the Mediterranean food. I've been to the mall so many times, but I've never actually eaten the food from the Mediterranean place. It was my first time eating there. Wanting to eat healthy, I chose their vegetarian plate. With it came pita bread, hummus, Tabouleh, and baba ghanouj. It was delicious! Here's a picture:
Looks appetizing, right? It certainly tasted good, and the cashier was really nice. He gave me a free drink. I'm definitively eating here more often from now on. It's healthy compared to the other food court choices. I got the Blueberry Fulfilling from Jamba Juice after. The blueberry fulfilling is my favorite. :)

So, after having a fun day at the mall, I decided to try out a new workout video I found online. Here it is:


It was a great workout! It may look easy, but it's killer.

So, how was your guy's weekend?
Have you read the Hunger Games?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...