Saturday, March 31, 2012

Vanilla Granola

What a nice way to start off Spring Break, with pouring rain. I guess it's a good thing because we've been in a drought for a long time. But, it just ruins the day and makes things all gloomy. I just hate rain. I like bright sunny blue skies and 70-80 degree weather. I guess that's just me though.
Anyway, I decided to try to make my day a little bit better by making granola. I love granola. It's delicious, but it's almost quite expensive to buy. You can eat granola by itself, with milk, on yogurt, it's yummy. It's especially good with fat free frozen yogurt.
Today is my first time making granola and I have to say, it didn't turn out as bad as I thought. I thought that I'd probably burn the whole thing, but I didn't. I burnt 1/8 of it. I waited 10 minutes before stirring the batch, while I should have done it every 5 minutes or so. I've learned my lesson. But, hey, I know what to do next time and I still have great tasting granola. It's cheaper than store bought ones and much healthier. If you make 10 servings, it's around 115 calories. I don't know how much that is though. Just divide it into 10 servings and see how it turns out. Anyway, here's the recipe. Enjoy. :)

Ingredients: 

  • 2 cups old fashioned oats
  • 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
  • 2 tsp canola oil
Directions: 
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.

2. In a bowl, mix together the oats, cinnamon and brown sugar. 

3. Add in the oil, honey and vanilla extract. Mix well.

4. Pour the mixture onto a pan and spread it out. 

5. Bake for 20 minutes, mixing it every 4 to 5 minutes. Make sure it doesn't burn.

6. Enjoy 







So, what type of weather do you guys like?
What's your favorite food?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...