As you know, summer vacation is coming up. If you are traveling out of the country, here are some tips to avoid getting an upset stomach. This is more common in developing countries.
- Don't drink or use tap water to brush your teeth. Always boil your water before using it.
- Do not drink unpasteurized milk or dairy products. You never know if they have salmonella or something in them!
- Avoid raw or rare meats and raw fruits and veggies unless they can be peeled and you peel them themselves. It's okay if they're cooked!
- Which leads to this one. Do not eat meats or vegetables that are not hot when served!
- Do not eat foods from street vendors unless you're willing to take the risk. Use your best judgement when it comes to street vendors. From personal experience, street vendors can enrich your experience while visiting different countries. The food can be good. But, be careful that they at least have some standard when it comes to food safety.
- Drink bottled water.
And remember, have fun! Maybe it's best to take medicine along with you just in case you do get the case of the stomach flu or whatever upsets your stomach. Use common sense.
I hope these tips help you guys!