Saturday, June 8, 2013

Dragon Boat Festival 端午节 and Zongzi 粽子 (Rice Dumpling)

Hey hey everyone! How are you guys doing today?


Guess what Chinese holiday is coming up soon? You guessed it right (hopefully, from seeing what food is pictured). It's the Dragon Boat Festival or the 端午节. Here's more information on the Dragon Boat Festival

Usually during the Dragon Boat Festival, people make zongzi, or rice dumplings. They are absolutely delicious!  

I posted my mom's zongzi recipe before. So, here's the link to it. My mom learned how to make it from her grandmother. And, I always watch my mom make it (she doesn't want me to, afraid I'll mess things up). Anyway, that's just a little bit of culture I wanted to throw in. 

The festival is on June 12, 2013.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...