Thursday, June 6, 2013

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Whole Wheat Cookies

Hey hey everyone! How are you guys doing? Well, I'm doing fine, thank you very much. My first year of college ended like a week or two ago. I can't believe how fast it went! Time flew by so quickly! I definitely have to say that my 2nd semester was much better than my first. I will write a reflection (or do a vlog) about my first year of college. Hopefully soon, but we'll see.

Anyway, I'm here today to share this peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe with you. As you know, I love sweets. I also love cookies. Chocolate chip cookies, that is. However, I didn't want to make a full batch of cookies. So, I improvised and it resulted in 7 decent sized cookies. They taste pretty good too! They're almost all gone (whoops..). Anyway, I guess it's not all MY fault. My siblings love cookies too.

So, here's the recipe for the cookies. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 cup (or less) chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup white sugar*
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 tablespoon peanut butter 
  • 1 egg
*You can also use 2 tablespoon brown sugar and 2 tablespoon white sugar instead. 

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. 
  2. In a bowl, mix together the sugar, olive oil, peanut butter and egg. 
  3. Sift together the flour and baking powder and add it to the wet ingredients. 
  4. Form 2 tablespoon shape balls and place them on a baking sheet. 
  5. Bake for 10-11 minutes. 
  6. Take the out, let them cool and enjoy!
It's that simple to make! 

I also baked some whole wheat chocolate chip banana muffins yesterday and my brother loves them! He says I'm the best baker ever. I guess it's because I put a lot of chocolate chips in them and he loves chocolate chips. Here's a picture of the muffins and here's the link the recipe (using whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour). 



Do you like chocolate chip cookies?
Do you try to "healthify" unhealthy foods? 

2 comments:

  1. This is going to be a must for me once I get back to the states and can bake :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. These are delicious! And, I hope you're having fun in China! =)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...