Monday, December 30, 2013

Tip of the Week

Hey everyone. How are you guys doing today?

I am doing fine, thank you very much. I'm sorry for posting so late today. My family and I went to see the UC Berkeley campus today. We also went shopping at the Vacaville Shopping Outlet after. I bought two dresses!

Anyway, the tip for this week is to make realistic New Year's Resolutions. Set small goals instead of one large one.

For example, instead of saying "I will lose 20 pounds", say "I will lose one pound a week". That way, it won't seem as daunting.

Instead of cutting out all the "bad" food right away, make gradual changes. That way, you'll be more likely to stick with those eating habits. Each week, switch to a healthier alternative. If you eat white bread, switch to 100% Whole Wheat Bread. If you eat white rice, mix half white rice and half brown rice. Later on, you can switch to 100% brown rice. Switch to whole grain flour when baking. Use half all purpose flour and half whole grain flour. After getting used to the taste and texture, switch to 100% whole grain.

And here is the eating plan I said I would post. It is not 100% complete, but I do know what I will be generally eating. I won't be making up the meals as I go.


Wednesday, New Year, might be a little different since my relatives will be visiting for the New Year. But, hey. Things don't always go as planned. Just make the best of it.

How was your day?
How are you celebrating the New Year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...