Thursday, December 26, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

Every year, many people make New Year's Resolutions. People want to become a better person. They want to lose weight. They want the New Year to be a fresh start for them.

I have to admit, I am one of those type of people. I love setting goals for myself. I love the feeling of accomplishment. So, I am going to post my New Year's Resolutions (related to nutrition and fitness). 



  • Take one rest day a week. It can be an active rest day. It's important for your body to recover. 
  • Be more diligent on creating meal plans for the week. I will have my breakfast and snacks planned, at the least. My dinner will consist of brown rice but the rest of the stuff will depend on what my parents make. My lunches will either be brought home (brown rice, sandwiches on 100% whole wheat bread) or things bought on campus. 
  • Meal prep every Sunday, no matter how busy I am. I will be even busier during the week. 
  • Get up every 10 minutes and do jumping jacks, push-ups or squats for one minute. It's just to keep me moving throughout the day. If I am in class, I know I won't be able to do it. But other than that, I will be able too! 
  • Try to incorporate pilates and yoga into my workout routine. I hear pilates does wonders to the body. It works the muscles differently than weight lifting.
That's it for now. 

Did you make any New Year's Resolutions? 
If so, share them in the comments below.

P.S. Just a reminder that I will be moving over to my new blog on New Year. I'll post the link on the 31 of December. I can post it now but you guys won't be able to see it until then. It's still a work in progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...