Sunday, September 29, 2013

Weekly Goals

Hey hey everyone! How are you guys doing today? Today's post will be short because I have tons of work to do. So, I ran 11 miles today (unlike the 12.8 miles last week). I'm going to cut back on running a little bit this week so that I will be ready for my half-marathon run on Sunday, October 6, 2013. Wish me luck!

So, here are this week's goals.


Those seem like simple goals, right? Well, wrong! When times get stressful, it is hard to remember just to take a few deep breaths to calm down a little. You really get in the moment.

As for the running, I love running. It'll be hard to cut back on running. But, I do want to rest up a bit before the big run so that I can get the best time I can get!

As for the meal plans, I guess that's self-explanatory. It's called college life.

Anyway,there is one more thing that I want to bring up. Yesterday, my family ordered fried rice from a Chinese restaurant (don't judge because I'm Chinese!). It was suppose to be a salted fish and chicken fried rice. While scooping some of the rice into my bowl, I saw a peanut in my rice. I'm not allergic to peanuts but I was surprised to see one. How did the peanut get into the rice in the first place?

Restaurants need to be more careful when preparing food and cleaning everything they use. It's very important, especially since there are people that have food allergies (and you don't want to get sick either). Someone who is allergic to peanuts may think that the rice was okay to eat and start eating it. But, with that peanut in the rice, they could have an allergic reaction. Reactions vary from mild to deadly. Restaurants really need to be careful and learn more about food safety and sanitation.

I wonder if that restaurant has anyone that is ServSafe certified.

Anyway, that's it for now!

How's your weekend going?
Do you have any tips on race day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...