Sunday, September 22, 2013

Weekly Goals + Half Marathon Training Update

Hey hey everyone. How are you guys doing today? It's a fine Sunday, isn't it? Well, it was a great day for a run. But, it rained yesterday. Oh, the rain.

Anyway, let's recap on my goals I set last week. I actually completed all of my goals. I'm so happy. I did study for my chemistry exam. I did create a new schedule. And, I did improve my mile time this week. My long run was actually today. I'll talk more about that in a bit. But, first, here's this weeks goals.


So, today was a course preview run. I decided to go, so that I can get a feel of the course before the actual run. We all met up at 7:30 am and it was a bit cold (since it rained yesterday). Thankfully, there wasn't too much mud. There were two options: 11 miles or almost a full half (12.5 miles) . I opted for the longer run.

We started running around 7:45 am and it was exciting. I didn't know what to expect, especially since I haven't ran with a group for such a long time. The course was great. However, I didn't expect a couple of huge hills along the route. What was great was that I was ahead of most of the group.

For some reason, my best time was today too!I think it was due to the excitement. I was so happy. Me and two other people (Lynn and Russ) ended up getting lost near the end, because we didn't see the arrows marked on the ground. We found our way back. We still finished ahead of most of the group. It ended up running 12.8 miles, in 2 hrs and 2 minutes. I have to say, I was impressed with myself!

They had coffee and pastries for our post-run meal/snack. I ended up just going home and making myself a whole wheat peanut butter and jelly sandwich with coffee.

Anyway, that's today. The past week was also cool too. I got to do homework, study, and hang out with friends. Work was fun too. I spent half the day selling root beer floats to raise money.

On Tuesday, my cousin and I went to eat at the school's restaurant. This is what I ordered.

It was sweet potato fries and a grilled veggie sandwich on focaccia bread. It was delicious! They really stuffed the sandwich with veggies.

On Wednesday, I went to Fluid and I ordered coffee and their new egg white spinach breakfast sandwich. It was on a homemade biscuit. I hadn't eaten a biscuit in so long. It was so good! I also ended up eating some ice cream from the root beer float sale.


And, here are some other food of the week:

I've been obsessed with trail mix! I love trail mix. 
I made a pizza with a whole wheat tortilla.  I added marinara sauce and cheese. 


This is new. I haven't eaten a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in a while, so I decided to buy a healthier jelly! 

And look what I bought yesterday. I bought a hello kitty lunch box (to put my lunch in) and new running shoes (for after my half-marathon). 



Well, I guess that's it for now!

How was your weekend?
What are your goals for this week?
Do you prefer running with a group or yourself?
- Personally, I like running by myself. It see it as "me" time. But, it's fun to run with a group once in a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...