Monday, September 23, 2013

Pasta Primavera

Hey hey everyone. How are you guys doing today? I'm doing good, thank you very much. Today in my food preparation class (basically a culinary class), we made cajun rice and french onion soup. The rice was so good! I'll definitely post the recipe once I recreate it at home.

Well, remember that in some earlier posts, I mentioned that I might post a pasta primavera recipe? Well, here it is! It's delicious. This would be a good pre-workout meal the night before a game or a track meet. It can also be a good post-workout meal, if you add milk and eggs to it for extra protein. Here's the recipe.




Ingredients:

  • 1 16 oz package pasta (refined or whole grain, whichever you prefer)
  • 1 16 oz package frozen vegetables, non-starchy/starchy
  • 2 tablespoons margarine or olive oil
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:

  1. Cook pasta according to directions. 
  2. In the last five minutes of cooking, add the entire package of frozen vegetables to the pasta pot.
  3. Strain the pasta and vegetables. 
  4. Toss the pasta and vegetables with margarine or oil and cheese.  
  5. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
It serves 4, 2 cups per serving. 

There will be:

88 grams of carbohydrates
17 grams of protein
7 grams of fat

I hope you guys enjoy this pasta primavera like I did. It was delicious! Buen provecho. =) 

Do you guys like pasta?
What's your favorite pasta dish?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...