Well, remember that in some earlier posts, I mentioned that I might post a pasta primavera recipe? Well, here it is! It's delicious. This would be a good pre-workout meal the night before a game or a track meet. It can also be a good post-workout meal, if you add milk and eggs to it for extra protein. Here's the recipe.
- 1 16 oz package pasta (refined or whole grain, whichever you prefer)
- 1 16 oz package frozen vegetables, non-starchy/starchy
- 2 tablespoons margarine or olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- In the last five minutes of cooking, add the entire package of frozen vegetables to the pasta pot.
- Strain the pasta and vegetables.
- Toss the pasta and vegetables with margarine or oil and cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
It serves 4, 2 cups per serving.
There will be:
88 grams of carbohydrates
17 grams of protein
7 grams of fat
I hope you guys enjoy this pasta primavera like I did. It was delicious! Buen provecho. =)
Do you guys like pasta?
What's your favorite pasta dish?