Friday, January 11, 2013

Greek Yogurt Cookie Cake

I love cookies. Don't you? Well, I don't like the fat and calories that come along with it. I also hate how much work it takes to make them from scratch. But, they taste so good!



So, what is a girl to do when she wants a cookie? Use cake mix of course!


Just kidding. Actually, not really. These cookies do use cake mix! But it does save a lot of time if you do use it. Plus, I used nonfat greek yogurt (the healthified part. Is that even a word?). Those are the only two ingredients I used (besides water) to make this. I also used dark chocolate chips too, but these taste good by themselves as well. 

These really did satisfy my craving without making me feel guilty. I also brought them to work today (because I'd eat them all if I hadn't) and everyone loved them. Austin said to me, "Helen. These cookies are amazing!" Nicole ate 3 (plus more) and asked for the recipe. Alex loved them and wanted to eat more but she made a New Year's Resolution to be healthier . They were surprised when I told them I used greek yogurt in them (well, yes and no. They know I'm into nutrition). Alex convinced herself to eat another one because they have greek yogurt in them. They were all gone in 4 hours! 

By the way, my sister also brought a few cookies to school and her friend Lucy loves them! Lucy is the one that introduced me to nutella, by the way. 

Now, I'm going to give you this healthified recipe. These are adapted from my Yummy Cookie Cake recipe.

Servings: 27 cookies
Calories: ~ 70 calories 

Ingredients:
  • 1 box yellow cake mix (you can use any, but I like this kind)
  • 1 cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt
  • 1/4 cup water (use less if you want a less sticky dough) 
  • dark chocolate chips (optional) 
Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. 
  2. In a bowl, pour in the cake mix. 
  3. Add in the yogurt and water. Mix. 
  4. Mix in the chocolate chips if you want to add them. You can also add other things if you want to. 
  5. Now, make 2 tablespoon dough balls and place them on a baking sheet. 
  6. Bake for about 15 minutes. 
  7. Take them out and enjoy. 






Everyone loved these cookies. They are more cake-like though. So, yea. If you like cake-like cookies, you'll love these. 

And now, here are some of my eats! 

My dad bought these Dandy's  Almond Crackers at the Asian store the other day. 




They are like regular sweet crackers with slices of almonds on top. It's a nice treat. They're not the best but they were bad either. 

As you can tell, I've been obsessed with sweet potatoes and hummus:


I love eating these as snacks (and sometimes as part of a meal, along with some fruit). They're so addicting but delicious and full of nutrients. 

Also, you should try nonfat greek yogurt with honey and Kirkland's Cashew Clusters (from Costco). It's so good. 

And today at work, I brought my own lunch. I brought this:


Brown Rice California Roll and a Sprite Zero. I had already eaten 1/2 the container of sushi and the oranges I brought when I remembered to take a picture. And, yea. Soda. I gave in to my soda craving. At least it's zero calories (less than 5 calories a serving), right? 

By the way, here are some shirts my grandmother sent me from when she went to back to visit China a couple months ago. 


The material is so comfortable but these are a little big on me. I just love how the English words are spelled incorrectly in the first shirt. 

So, do you guys like cookies?
Have you tried baked goods made with greek yogurt before? 
What's your favorite snack?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. I have been searching for yogurt cake mix cookies. Perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...