Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Chocolate Chip Craisin Oat Muffins

Hey everyone! How was your guy's weekend and Monday? I bet for some of you, Monday meant going back to school. For me, I still have a few more weeks until I go back.
Since I've been bored at home, I decided to do some baking, which I love doing. I decided to bake muffins. Well, why muffins? Muffins are yummy! With chocolate chips and craisins, they make them taste even better. What's even cooler is that these are actually healthy for you and have a high amount of protein in them. 
My family likes these muffins and I hope you guys enjoy them too. Here's the recipe. 

Servings: 20 muffins
Calories: ~150 calories for 1 muffin

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups oats
  • 3 packets Kashi Truly Vanilla Oatmeal
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 3 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup nonfat greek yogurt
  • 1/3 cup craisins
  • 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
*You can also use 3 cups oats instead of the first two ingredients*

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. 
  2. In a bowl, mix together the oats, sugar, baking powder and protein powder. 
  3. Mix in the greek yogurt and vanilla extract. 
  4. The mixture will take a while to come together. Once it does, mix in the craisins and chocolate chips. 
  5. Pour the batter into lined muffin tins. 
  6. Bake for about 18 minutes. 
  7. Take them out, let them cool, and enjoy. 





I hope you guys enjoy these muffins. It'll make your mornings a lot simpler since you'll have something already there, ready to eat when you're on the rush. I know that it'd be helpful now since school has started back again for some.

Now, let's talk about my weekend. During the weekend, we went to AppleBee's. I know. We've been eating out a lot but winter is when a lot of celebrating takes place.

I ordered the 7 oz sirloin steak, veggies and I substituted fresh fruit in place of the mashed potatoes. It was pretty good and the fruit was sweet and fresh. The steak was pretty decent too. The veggies had lots of flavor. I gave some steak to my sister though.

We also went to Sprouts (where we bought tons of oranges because they were only 5lbs for a dollar) and we also went to Costco. Here are a few things that we bought from there:


I can use the chicken breast to make sandwiches or put in a salad, which is pretty cool. I plan on making a chicken salad recipe with craisins (can't you tell I LOVE craisins?).











The Healthy Choice Fudge Bars are delicious too. Fudgy, chocolaty  creamy. It's my favorite! I love how it's also only 100 calories.







As for the pizza, even though it's not the healthiest, it is healthier than other frozen pizzas. It's thin crust!  I also love chicken alfredo, which means I can get the craving in without consuming too many calories. 320 calories for 1/3 of the pizza. Nice.



Here are some of my eats:

Carrots & Hummus:



Vegetable Combo Sushi Roll (I wish it was made with brown rice though, but it's still yummy!):


Shrimp Spring Roll:



Also this weekend, I watched Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior and The Lizzie McGuire Movie. Don't judge me. =P I love Disney shows. I was also singing along to What Dreams are Made Of during the movie. I love singing!

Anyway, remember to check out Revolt With Reason, my friend's band. They're awesome!

So, do you like muffins?
What's your favorite fruit?
Do you have any favorite Disney movies?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...