Friday, January 18, 2013

Day 4 Health Challenge Update

Hey hey everyone. I've had such a busy day today but I know that I should update you guys about yesterday.

As you know, this was my meal plan for yesterday.

Day 4:
Breakfast: protein powder, cocoa powder, stevia, milk (chocolate protein donuts and pb2) 245 calories
Morning Snack: Orange 50 calories
Lunch: multigrain rounds, boca burger, sriracha 210 calories
Afternoon Snack: almonds sprinkled with stevia and cocoa powder, craisins 300 calories
Dinner: Quinoa, baked salmon, steamed veggies 422 calories
Night Snack: nonfat Greek yogurt, truvia, ground cinnamon, pb2 175 calories

Total calories: 1402 calories

However, it changed a little. 

Day 4:
Breakfast: protein powder, cocoa powder, stevia, milk (chocolate protein donuts and pb2) 245 calories
Morning Snack: Orange 50 calories
Lunch: multigrain rounds, boca burger, sriracha 210 calories
Afternoon Snack: almonds sprinkled with stevia and cocoa powder, craisins (I ate an extra serving of craisins) 430 calories
Dinner: Quinoa, baked salmon (ate half the serving along with some shrimp), steamed veggies 350 calories
Night Snack: nonfat Greek yogurt, truvia, ground cinnamon, pb2 (I also ate some dark chocolate) 375 calories

Total calories: 1610 calories

I know. I craved dark chocolate again. I really need to control my cravings. I love craisins too. 

So, today, I went to PitaPit for lunch with mi primo. I ordered the Spicy Black Bean pita with a whole wheat pita. I added shredded lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, tomatoes, cilantro, carrots and sriracha. I even added craisins. It was so good. The black bean burger itself was delicious too. I drank some unsweetened black tea along with it. 




We went to Sprout's after eating. Me and mi primo like to eat healthy, which is a good thing since no one else in the family shares my love of nutrition like he does. By the way, this may sound strange but I love grocery shopping. I like it better than clothes shopping sometimes (I know. Surprising!). It's just that current styles aren't my thing. Anyway,  I bought some LaraBars and this cool organic salsa. It's Sprout's Organic Chia, Quinoa & Flax Salsa, their own brand. I can't wait to try it out!




For breakfast, I ate one of the breakfast Risebars. I ate the Crunchy Cranberry Apple. I was pleasantly surprised with the size of the bar. I thought that it would have been small. It was a little dense too. It was chewy and it was sweet but not too sweet. There were whole almonds in the bar, which I enjoyed and added crunch to the bar. I would eat this again. I like it. I also love its short ingredient list. 





For one of my snacks, I ate one of the Junior BumbleBar Chocolate Crisp. It was really small but it was pretty tasty. Maybe it's because I love sesame. But, you do taste a hint of chocolate too. It was pretty chewy for a bar but it was good. 



My dad bought this. I haven't tried it yet but it isn't as bad for you as regular soda. 



It's Sparkling V8 Juice. 

At work today, I ate some oranges and had 2 cups of coffee. Finally, coffee. I don't get to drink it often but I drink it every time I get a chance to. They also had cinnamon rolls too, which I was so tempted to get. But, I had self-control and didn't eat it. =)

I guess that's it for now. 

What's your favorite granola bar? 
Do you like shopping?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...