Saturday, January 19, 2013

Day 5 Health Challenge Update + pb2 cookie recipe + pb2 protein oats recipe

Hey everyone! How are you guys doing today?

I'm doing fine, thank you very much. I went for a nice run around the creek and the park today with my dad. It was nice. The weather is cold but it's also sunny too. I love sunny weather (except when it's humid or burning hot).

After my run, I ate a delicious breakfast. It's something I created myself. I mixed together:




  • 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
  • 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
  • 1/4 cup PB2 
  • 2 packets of stevia 
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup water
Serving: 1 recipe
Calories: ~ 235 calories
Protein: at least 23 grams of protein

I'm sure that if you leave it overnight, the mixture will become thick. I made it right after my run so it wasn't as thick. I was too impatient to wait even 10 minutes for it to thicken up even more (I was hungry!).

Now, here's my update on my health challenge yesterday:

Day 5:
Breakfast:RiseBar Crunchy Cranberry Apple  160 calories
Morning Snack: Orange and coffee 50 calories
Lunch: PitaPit Sandwich (whole wheat pita, spicy black bean burger, spinach, carrots, tomatoes, cilantro, shredded lettuce, craisins), unsweetened black tea 300 calories
Afternoon Snack: BumbleBar Chocolate Crisp, craisins 350 calories
Dinner: brown rice sushi, steamed veggies 422 calories
Night Snack: oats, truvia, ground cinnamon, pb2, dark chocolate 275 calories

Total calories: 1557 calories

This is how my night snack looked. It's suppose to be a pb2 cookie:


It actually tasted pretty good. I also added in a little vanilla extract to it. Here's the recipe:

  • 1/4 cup oats
  • 2 tablespoon pb2
  • 2 packets stevia
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • a dash of ground cinnamon
  •  2-3 tablespoon water
Just mix it all  together and it's ready to be eaten.

I also ate a sample of a green protein bar at Sprout's yesterday. It was like 1/10 of the bar, at most. The pieces were so tiny. It was really good though. I think it was the Greens Plus Chocolate-coated Peanut Butter Protein Bars.

Anyway, that's it for now. I have so many nutrition topics I want to talk about. Here's a list of a few that I will write posts on:
  • Electrolytes
  • Do athletes really need more protein?
  • Are supplements necessary?
  • What does low-fat, low-calorie, reduced fat really mean?

That's it for now.

Have you ever been tempted by samples at food stores?
What's your favorite protein food?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...