Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Zone Perfect Bar Strawberry Yogurt Review + greek yogurt breakfast recipe

 Hey Everyone! How are you guys doing today? Did you guys do anything fun? Picnic, biking riding, going for a jog, eating out, spending time with the people you care about? It's good to relax and enjoy life once in a while. With all the stress out there, it's a good thing to relax.
Anyway, I had a great day today. But, before I talk about that, I want to talk about this Zone Perfect Strawberry Yogurt Bar. I've had my share of Zone bars a couple years ago, but with the chocolate flavors. They were a bit too sweet but still delicious. So, I decided to try their fruit flavor. This bar was really sweet, but I guess it's still good since it was only 200 calories. The yogurt coating was delicious. You actually saw dried fruit pieces too. It was a bit chew also. There wasn't anything special about this bar. But, when I read the ingredients list, they had strawberry flavored cranberries. I wonder what happened to the strawberries.
Now that I've reviewed the bar, let's talk about my day. The first thing's first. My breakfast today was absolutely delicious! I ate nonfat vanilla greek yogurt + multi grain cheerios + dark chocolate chips + a dash of ground cinnamon. Absolutely amazing!
I used:
  • 1/2 cup non fat vanilla greek yogurt
  • 1/4 cup cheerios (I'll use dulce de leche or pb cheerios next time!)
  • 1-2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
  • a dash of ground cinnamon
How it looks all mixed together...It doesn't look as appetizing.
Just mix it together and you'll have a great breakfast dessert that's filling! You can double the ingredients too (which I will next time!). It's too good to not eat. You can also crumble some granola bars into it and it'll taste just as good! I crumbled a Clif Crunch Bar and it was delicious!
So, today, I went for a run by the river! I went with my friend and it was a great run. It's my 2nd time running there and I did so much better than the first time. I guess the first time I went, it was my bad running day. I get those every once in a while (once a month). Then again, running in an indoor track is a lot different from running outside in nature. I was really sweaty at the end, running in the heat and sun. Anyway, beautiful scenery and I had fun running with my friend.

I also went to Target today and I bought 3 LUNA Bars, 1 Clif Bar, and 1 Mojo Bar (chocolate almond coconut!). I've already reviewed some of those, but I guess I will review them again.

To end this, I also want to share with you another great food to eat. I ate this for dessert. It's quite easy to make. I ate a peanut butter banana protein bar, spread it with some peanut butter and sprinkled some chocolate chips on top. It was delicious! It's healthy too.

So, how did you spend your day?
What's your favorite greek yogurt treat?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...