I know it's really late to post, but I'm still posting. How was your guy's labor day weekend? Did you go to any BBQ's or parties? I know..tons of delicious calorie loaded food. My dad barbequed some stuff and it was delicious. Chicken, turkey dogs, veggie burgers, steak and corn. I only ate the chicken, a little bit of turkey dogs and a veggie burger. I know. A lot of protein! What did you guys have?
Anyway, let's get back to business. I made some peanut butter banana protein bars. I've been wanting to make these for a while, but I needed really ripe bananas ( I love really ripe bananas!). Finally today, we had tons of ripe bananas (due to the hot weather!). We needed to eat them before they got bad and I'm the only one that likes bananas that ripe, so it was perfect timing. I do have to say, these taste pretty good. They were chewy too, but next time, I'm going to add chocolate chips. They're way cheaper than buying them from the store and they're quite easy to make. It's optional to bake these. It's safe to eat it raw! So, here's the recipe. It can be made vegan.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup all natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or oat flour)
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- chocolate chips (optional)
- In a bowl, sift together the protein powder, flour and cinnamon. If you want to bake it, add 1 tsp baking powder.
- In another bowl, mash the banana with the peanut butter. Then, mix it in with the dry ingredients.
- Add in the water and chocolate chips. Mix and knead the dough until it comes together. If it's a little dry, add a little bit of water.
- Place the dough in a pan and freeze or refrigerate for a few hours so that it'll be easier to cut.
- Cut it into 15 bars. This will be 100 calories. If you like bigger bars, 8 to 10 bars. They will be about 200 calories.
- If you're going to bake it, bake it at 350 F for 10 minutes. Enjoy.
How was your guy's Labor Day weekend?
What's your favorite BBQ food?
Do you like homemade bars better or store bought ones?
I tend to like CLIF Bars and LUNA bars. I also like some Kashi Bars as well.