Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Whole Wheat Naan Recipe


Hola, amigos! How are you guys doing today? Well, I've been doing alright. I made whole wheat naan today and it was pretty good. But, I can't lie though. It does not compare to the naan I've had at an Indian restaurant I ate before. It was AMAZING. I still have yet to recreate it. Then again, they didn't use whole wheat flour...Mines didn't turn out looking much like naan though.
Anyway, before I give you guys the recipe, I have to tell you about the cookies I made for my class. Yes, the cookies were soft, but people actually enjoyed them. No one spit them out or anything, which is saying something. After all, they are made with GARBANZO beans. My professor quite enjoyed them, even though he doesn't like garbanzo beans. I told him about these ahead of time and he was hesitant. But, he says I have talent for making them taste good. It's just that the texture is different.
Along with that, I've eaten some things I have to review. For one thing, I have to review the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut LUNA Bar and the Chocolate Dipped Coconut LUNA Bar. I also have to review the Summer Roll that Raley's/Bel-Air sells. It has shrimp, carrots, avocado, rice paper skin and some other veggies.
The LUNA Bars, as you guys now, are my favorite flavors, but I just have to review them. I've mentioned them on my blog before. The Coconut one tasted like the Girl Scout Cookies. I actually ate it today, but as you can see, the chocolate melted. Oh, hot weather.  The White Chocolate one taste like the cookie, in a good way. As for the Summer rolls, they taste all right. The inside was delicious, but I didn't like the outside rice paper skin. I ate both of those on Monday.




Anyway, on Monday, I went to my nutrition class and we talked about carbohydrates for 3 hours. The funny thing is that, I was consuming tons of carbs during that time. I had just bought a Berry Fulfilling from Jamba Juice (since they're having the $1 dollar sale!). I will tell you guys more about the lecture the next post. I will also tell you about the low carb diet and how it's bad for you.
So, yesterday, I woke up pretty tired, but I still went and did my normal workout. Maybe I should take a rest day from working out, but I'd feel guilty for not working out...anyway, I ran near the river con un amigo, which was pretty nice. Me and my friend ran a bit faster this time too. I timed it, from that time and from the time before. I want us to improve and get faster.
Today, I went to the gym and did my elliptical interval again. I did around 7 and a half miles in 65 minutes. It was a great workout and I was really sweating after. Then, I ate a turkey sandwich and some carrots.

I'm growing addicted to carrots! They're so yummy! I also ate fruit loops today too. I know that they're not healthy, but I haven't eaten them in such a long time.
I also went food shopping. Here's what I bought:

I bought this during the weekend...








Anyway, I made whole wheat naan today and I made guacamole, with greek yogurt. The guacamole tastes alright, but it isn't that great. But, I will post the recipe for guacamole whenever I can. I still have other things I want to post about first. Anyway, I plan on making brown rice krispie treats with the brown rice krispy cereal. As for the dulce de leche cheerios, I love dulce de leche! I can't wait to try it. I can't wait to try to granola bars and the kashi oatmeal too.

Now, here's the recipe for whole wheat naan.

Ingredients: 
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup nonfat greek yogurt
  • 2 tsp active dry yeast
  • 1 tsp oil
Directions: 
  1. In a bowl. sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. 
  2. Heat up the milk and then mix in the sugar. Mix in the yeast and let it sit for 5 minutes. 
  3. Make a well in the flour and then add in all the wet ingredients. 
  4. Mix it all together and then once it comes together, start kneading the dough. 
  5. Cover with plastic wrap and let it sit for 2 hours. 
  6. Preheat the oven to 450 F. 
  7. Divide the dough into 6-8 parts Roll it out to 1/4 in thick. 
  8. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes. 
  9. Take it out and serve immediately.

There are too many pictures that I won't upload the steps. But, it's pretty easy. I hope you guys enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...