Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Balance Bar Cafe Cinnamon Bun Bar Review

I know, I know. Cinnamon buns are not chocolate. Well, unless you add chocolate glaze to it. Anyway, I decided to try out this Cinnamon Bun Bar. I ate it right before my nutrition class this evening. It was so cold in there, but at least it kept me awake during my 3 hour class. Then again, I had to stay awake because I sat up front. Anyway, let's get back to the review before I talk about my day.
So, even though Balance Bars aren't that healthy, they do provide a lot of nutrients. This Cinnamon Bun Bar has a total of 200 calories. Pretty good, compared to a regular cinnabun, which has about 1100 calories!
Well, how did the taste compare? It was absolutely delicious! It tasted like a real cinnamon bun with the cinnamon and the vanilla "frosting". It was amazing and it tasted homemade. It doesn't have the doughy texture like cinnamon buns, but it tasted like it and I was in heaven. The chips added to the flavor too. There was a strong cinnamon flavor, which I love!

Anyway, now that I've reviewed that, let's talk about my day. Well, for one thing, we're giving speeches in my Public Speaking class. I give my speech next week! I'm so nervous. It's suppose to be a How To Speech and I'm thinking about either giving a how to lose weight speech or a how to make a healthy dessert speech. I'm leaning more towards the healthy dessert speech. The chocolate chip cookie pie.

1 cup nonfat vanilla greek yogurt + 2 tablespoon dark chocolate chips.
My classmates that went today did a great job with their speeches. Except, there was this one guy that didn't seem like he prepare much. His speech was how to cook an egg in a microwave.
Anyway, for bfast, I ate cereal with milk. For lunch, I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a Kashi Dark Chocolate Coconut Bar. I ate the Balance Bar for a snack. Then, I bought a diet soda to drink during my nutrition class during the break, after the professor talked about diet soda. LOL. Then, I went home and ate green beans, tofu, a chewy oatmeal raisin granola bar, greek yogurt with dark chocolate chips, grapes and half a banana. Then, I ate green tea kit kats (which are amazing!). I know, it's a lot of food, but still UNDER my calorie requirements. But, hey, it was delicious.

 Tomorrow for breakfast, I plan on eating 1/2 cup nonfat vanilla greek yogurt + 1/4 cup multi grain cheerios plus 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips + a dash of cinnamon. I hope it tastes good!
I skipped part of my day.  Whoops. I tend to do that when I talk about food. So, my math class was today and it was ok. It's really easy though.
I went to the school gym and I went on the elliptical for about 65 minutes. I entered my age and height and chose the interval training. 5 to 8 resistance, and 10 crossramp. I burned about 640 calories and the distance was around 7 and half miles. So good. When I run on the indoor track, I run for about 33 to 34 on the track (4 miles)  and then 35 on the elliptical (3.5 miles). I'm now trying to vary my workouts. I also workout at home first thing in the morning. I do the videos from blogilates, mainly the popcardio though.
Anyway, that was my day. School, working on my speech outline, exercise and eating.
Oh yea. I went to my local grocery store yesterday and I saw Hello Kitty Marshmallow pops. I just had to take a picture of it! Here it is.

Here's some other pics of me. =)






So, do you guys like Hello Kitty?
What is your typical workout?
What's your favorite treat?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...