Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Whole Wheat Oat Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar

Hola todos! Como están ustedes? Estoy muy bien. Gracias!

Yo horneé galletas el lunes pasado. Tenía una ganas para comerlas! Me gusta comer postres. Es muy mal para la salud pero los postres son muy delicioso.

Translation: Hi everyone. How are you guys. I'm very good. Thanks!

I baked cookies the past Monday. I felt like eating them. I love eating desserts. It is bad for the health but desserts are so delicious!
I wanted to bake something that was more on the healthier side so that I wouldn't feel bad eating them. I came across a recipe from eatgood4life.com and it looked very simple to make. I just had to make them. Well, I didn't have to but I wanted a healthier dessert. It ended up being really good. My mom likes it too.

Here's the recipe.

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup olive oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cups oats
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • dark chocolate chips (as much as you want) 
Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
  2. Line a 9 x 13 pan with foil or parchment paper. 
  3. In a bowl, mix together the sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla extract 
  4. Mix in the rest of the ingredients. Mix until a dough forms. 
  5. Place the dough in the pan and push the dough into the pan, so that it covers most of the pan. 
  6. You can add extra chocolate chips on top if you want. 
  7. Bake for 25- 30 minutes.
  8. Take the bars out and let them cool completely. 
  9. Cut them into bars and enjoy! 
Warning: These bars do crumble a little. However, they are delicious! I just had to make these just so that I wouldn't feel too guilty about eating sweets. 

Do you like cookie bars?
What baked goods do you "healthify"? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...