Hit the sack. Get enough sleep!
Here are some reasons why you should get more (or enough) sleep.
- It will reduce the amount of time you are awake, so you won't be tempted to go for those late night snacks.
- If you don't get enough sleep, you won't be wide awake to do some necessary tasks. Sometimes accidents happen when you don't get enough sleep.
- Our body needs to rest. Sleep is when our body gets to rest and repair itself (especially after a hard workout that day!).
- It can help boost memory. During sleep, our brain consolidates and organizes everything that has happened that day. It shapes memory and makes connections. It is suggested that babies sleep a lot more because they are learning so much during the first couple years of life. They are constantly learning new things, being exposed to many things and are growing!
- It may help with weight lost. Sleep deprivation is shown to have affects on the levels of leptin and ghrelin. Leptin suppresses appetite while ghrelin initiates it.
As you see, sleep is important. Try to sneak it an extra hour of sleep. Yes, that may mean having to go to bed earlier.
Do you notice how sleep affects your body?
If so, how?