Saturday, August 31, 2013

Brown Rice Broccoli Tofu Mesh

Hey hey everyone. I hope your weekend is going good. It's Labor Day weekend!
So, here's the recipe I promised from earlier this week. I know, I'm sorry for making you guys wait 6 days for this.
Anyway, it's simple to make. The only thing is that I never really measure anything when I cook. I know what ingredients I use and the approximate amounts. Usually in Asian cooking, we just use our eyes and see if we have enough of one ingredient or another.
Here's a loose recipe you can follow. Enjoy.



Ingredients:

  • brown rice 
  • tofu (I used one container of tofu)
  • broccoli
  • carrots and peas (I used the frozen ones)
  • Annie's Lite Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
Directions:
  1. Cook the brown rice. I usually cook 1-2 cups dry brown rice. 
  2. Cut the tofu into cubes. Pour the dressing over the tofu and let it sit and marinate. 
  3. Boil the broccoli in water. You can also roast the broccoli instead of you like roasted vegetables.
  4. Spray a non-stick pan with cooking spray. I use the olive oil kind. 
  5. Add in the tofu (and all of the sauce). 
  6. Cook and brown the tofu. Then, add the carrots and peas. 
  7. Mix in the broccoli. And then add the rice. Stir and make sure all of the fillings are evenly distributed. 
  8. Serve and enjoy! 
I hope you guys enjoy this meal. If you want a more asianified meal, use tamari or soy sauce instead of the vinaigrette. 

How do you eat brown rice?
Do you have any plans for the weekend?

P.S. There is a whole wheat peanut butter banana muffin recipe that I will post later on. It's delicious! Be on the lookout for it. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...