Anyway, I'm here to talk about a few things. For one thing, I'm addicted to animal crackers right now. We bought the organic Disney animal crackers from Costco last week and they are so good!
So, what I'm here to REALLY talk about is running. More specifically, training to run a half-marathon or a marathon.
I have one question. Have any of you guys experienced weight gain while training for half-marathon or a marathon? Do you guys wonder why?
Personally, I thought that I'd lose weight with all that running but it's not the case (not for everyone, at least). Gaining weight can be easy, especially with all that running. Here's why.
- You are eating more than you should. We tend to eat more due to the increased level of activity. However, it doesn't mean that we are necessarily burning all of those calories we are eating.
- Increased muscle mass is another reason. You gain more leg/thigh muscle from running. It's just part of it.
- Our body is holding more carbohydrates to increase our glycogen supply for our runs. Water is also retained due to the increase in carbohydrates!
Well, I hope that clears up some things. And now, here's the recipe. I got this recipe from Erica House. I love her blog! Here's the recipe.
You can make sandwiches with dulce de leche. It'll be called alfajores!
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons PB2
- 1 packet stevia
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon apple sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Drop spoonfuls onto a baking pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Take them out, let it cool and enjoy! You can make sandwiches with these by using dulce de leche.
Do you like alfajores?
Have you ever trained for a running event?