This week's tip is something that everyone can incorporate into their life. I know that most people work or study. They are glued to their desk most of the day. It's hard to get in physical activity when you're always sitting down, studying or working.
Well, here are a few tips to burn a few extra calories and get some physical activity in.
- Make a standing desk. You burn more calories standing than sitting. If you are willing to, you can create a desk tall enough so that you can walk on a treadmill while working/studying.
- Have some hand weights around your desk. You can take a mini break and do some bicep curls or shoulder presses or whatever exercise you want.
- Switch your chair for a stability ball. You'll have to work your core to stay still!
- Drink more water. That way, you'll have to get up and walk to the bathroom more often. Also, it's nice just to take mini walk breaks.
- Instead of sending a quick email to a co-worker, just walk to their desk. Things can be talked out faster than typing. Also, it's good to get some physical activity in.
- Go for a walk during your lunch break. Then, eat after.
Incorporate these into your routine little by little and you'll be surprised on how this can impact your health.
Do you have any tips on getting in more physical activity?
What's your favorite exercise?