I love brownies. They are one of my most favorite desserts.
What I don't like about them is that they are normally not healthy. So, what does a girl do when she wants brownies? Make a more healthier version of it, of course.
Don't get me wrong. Brownies are unhealthy, but they are okay to eat in moderation. To make them healthier, make a few substitutions and it'll still taste good. Here's the recipe.
- 1 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3 cups confectioners sugar (2 cups regular sugar, or use raw sugar. The confectioners sugar has cornstarch added to it, hence, the more you need to add for the same amount of sweetness)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, protein powder, sugar and baking powder.
- In another bowl, mix together the bananas, peanut butter and milk.
- Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients while mixing.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Take it out, let it cool and enjoy.
I hope you guys enjoy these brownies!
What recipe would you like me to "healthify"?
Do you like the combination of chocolate and banana?
Stay tuned for a really simple pizza recipe (Don't worry. You don't have to make your own pizza dough). It'll be up later this week. I made it yesterday and it was yummy!