Monday, July 22, 2013

Meal Planning and Food Prep

I've decided to take a dive into doing some food prepping for the week. I even created a meal plan with my workouts.



Of course, I will also be doing things like push-ups, squats, lunges and some core workouts. The yoga is mainly for the stretching and the peace of mind it gives me. It'll definitely help me after my long run of the week.

The fried rice will have ground turkey and some veggies in it. The chocolate will also be dark chocolate. I made the protein balls with almond butter and honey instead of peanut butter and agave this time. They taste pretty good!

As for the cake, it's leftovers from my grandparent's 50th anniversary! I can't believe they've been married for 50 years. Congratulations! They're visiting from Canada and they came at the perfect time so that we can celebrate it with them. We went out to eat last night at a Chinese restaurant and the funny thing was that another couple at the restaurant was celebrating their 40th anniversary. Anyway, the cake is so good. It's a fruit sponge cake from a Chinese bakery. I like that it's not as sweet as American cakes. Family from SF also came to celebrate. It was a great family reunion.

And now, for some random food reviews.

I went to Trader Joe's and bought cocoa almond spread and chocolate. I know. I bought that, out of all the things I could have bought there. But, it was an unexpected, quick trip and I couldn't think fast enough on what I wanted to buy. Organic dark chocolate and chocolate filled with the cookie butter. Sounds so good (I haven't opened any of it yet).

I also went to another supermarket and guess what. They have machines were you can grind your own almond butter or peanut butter. They added it. I just had to try the almond butter (and it tasted good. I used it to make the protein balls!). I also bought some pre-cut veggies and frozen veggies to make the food prep just a little bit easier. I also had to try the All Natural Chocolate Chip Gluten Free cookie by French Meadow. The texture of the cookie was different but it still tasted pretty good.




One more cookie review is the Lemon Poppy seed Cookie from the Alternative Baking Company. My mother wasn't very fond of it and I agree. There's just something about the taste I didn't like that much.

Well, I guess that's it for then.

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...