Wednesday, August 3, 2011

PB and Choco Chip Cookies

Hey Everyone! How's everyone's summer going? It should be relaxing. It is a bit hot though. So, Anyways, who here likes peanut butter and chocolate? Well, these are the cookies for you then! I baked these Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, aka, PB and Choco Chip Cookies today. They are quite delicious, if I say so myself. I was in a mood to make chocolate chip cookies, but I didn't want to use any butter. So, I thought, why not just use peanut butter? It turned out all good though, which I am happy about. Also, I don't have to use regular butter, with all the saturated fat. These cookies aren't the healthiest though, because the healthier ingredients cost more. I would have used them instead of the regular ingredients, but at least these taste good. I'll also tell you guys the healthier ingredients to use instead if you guys want to make it healthier. Well, here's the recipe. My brother loves these cookies. 



Ingredients

  • 1 cup Peanut Butter (or All Natural Peanut Butter with Omega 3s)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup flour ( or wheat flour)
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips (dark chocolate chips)
*For the sugars, you can also use just all brown sugar or all granulated sugar. It's your choice. I've tried the recipe with all granulated and with both the sugars, and both are equally delicious. 


Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a bowl, sift and mix together the flour and baking powder.
3. In another bowl, cream together the sugars and the peanut butter.
4. Mix in the eggs and the vanilla extract into the sugar mixture.
5. Mix the flour mixture INTO the sugar mixture.
6. Add in the chocolate chips.
7. Make golf size ball doughs and place them on a baking pan/cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 10-12 min. Take them out and enjoy. :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...