Monday, August 29, 2011

Chocolate Chip Scones

  Hello. How are you guys today? I'm getting pretty bored, and school is just around the corner. All my summer work is done too, so I have nothing else to do. I have been reading the Harry Potter books and I have been baking a lot lately. Today, I baked chocolate chip scones, and some banana muffins. I haven't eaten scones in such a long time. I didn't want to buy one either. fearing how many calories one could have in a bakery. These scones are pretty good, if I say so myself. It was my first time baking them too. My brother loves these. I didn't know what to expect from the dough, and it was a bit stickier than I thought it would be, but it all worked out. Don't these look delicious? They're around 200 calories, instead of the usual 300 or 400 calories scones usually have. So, here's my recipe.

Ingredients

  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2   1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 cup salted butter                                         
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract


Directions

1. In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar and baking powder.
2. Cut up the butter and mix it in with the flour mixture with your hands. Stir in the chocolate chips.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the egg, sour cream and vanilla.
4. Slow mix in the wet ingredients into the flour mixture, until a dough forms.
5. Roll out the dough until about 3/4 inch thick, and cut into 14 to 15 triangles. 8 triangles, if you want huge scones.
6. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
7. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
8. Take out, and enjoy. If you want, you can also add a vanilla glaze on top.


 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...