Saturday, August 27, 2011

Macaroni Tuna Salad

 Hello Everyone! Aloha! That's the only word I know in the Hawaiian language. Well, anyways, I made macaroni salad. I've been craving macaroni salad since eating it at Hawaiian restaurants. It's delicious, but it's hard to find a recipe that matches the tastes in the restaurants. I've looked for recipes online, and I've finally decided to combine some recipes together to make my own macaroni salad that suits my tastes. I would usually add some carrots to the salad, but, my brother doesn't like carrots, so I left them out. I think that the carrots make the salad taste better though. I'd also add mustard too, but my sister doesn't like mustard. You can add both of those ingredients to make an even better macaroni salad. Well, here's the recipe . I hope you guys enjoy it. It tastes pretty good. 

Ingredients 
  • 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni 
  • 1/2  cup mayo (or a bit more)
  • 1/3  cup brown sugar (or granulated)
  • 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • salt and pepper
  • 2 hard boiled eggs
  • a small can of tuna
  • 1 1/2 tablespoon mustard (optional, I say it's better with it)
  • grated carrots
Directions
  1. Add water to a large pot, and boil it. Once boiled, add in the macaroni and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes. 
  2. Rinse the macaroni under cool water and drain. 
  3. In a huge mixing bowl that would be used to store the salad in, add in the sugar, mayo, vinegar, paprika, garlic powder and salt and pepper (mustard too, if you are using it). Mix well.
  4. Add in the cooled macaroni and mix well, making sure everything is coated.
  5. In another bowl, mush up the tuna, and then add it into the salad. Also, peel the hard boiled eggs, and cut them up into pieces. Add to the salad too. You may also add in the carrots at this time. Mix well.
  6. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Overnight is better, so that the flavors have soaked in and blended together.
  7. Serve and Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...