Sunday, August 14, 2011

Chinese Fried Chicken

Hello, everyone. How are y'all doing today? I'm doing pretty good, thank you very much. Yesterday, I went bowling with my friends and we had a blast. I hadn't seen them for a long time, and it was fun. My bowling skills aren't the greatest, but it's the fun that counts. I also won a stuffed animal from the claw machine on the first try. I was so happy. Not everyone gets it on the first try.
Anyways, enough about my life. I'm here to post recipes. Well, I decided on Chinese Fried Chicken. It's like the fried chicken you get at the Chinese Hot Food section at Raley's or Bel-Air. I got this recipe from my uncle, it's actually quite delicious. He's quite a good cook, and I've gotten some recipes from him and my aunt. So, here's the recipe.

Ingredients
  • chicken drumsticks
  • 3/4  cup flour
  • 1/2  cup cornstarch
  • 1/2  tsp baking powder
  • 1/2  tsp salt
  • 3    tsp oil
  • about 1/2 cup water (more or less)
  • garlic salt
  • vegetable oil (used for deep frying)
Directions
  1. Season the chicken drumsticks with the garlic salt, and let it marinate overnight. 
  2. Combine the flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder, 3 tsp oil, and water together and mix. It should form a batter. Add more water if the mixture is too thick. Add more cornstarch if it's too wet. 
  3. Place the marinaded drumsticks in a large bowl and pour in the batter. Mix well until all of the chicken is covered.
  4. Heat up the oil in a deep fryer. Once ready, put the chicken in, and cook for 15 minutes. 
  5. Once the cooking is done, place the chicken in a bowl with a towel to drain some of the oil. Keep frying the chicken until all of the chicken is cooked.
  6. Enjoy. ) 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...