Anyways, enough about my life. I'm here to post recipes. Well, I decided on Chinese Fried Chicken. It's like the fried chicken you get at the Chinese Hot Food section at Raley's or Bel-Air. I got this recipe from my uncle, it's actually quite delicious. He's quite a good cook, and I've gotten some recipes from him and my aunt. So, here's the recipe.
- chicken drumsticks
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp oil
- about 1/2 cup water (more or less)
- garlic salt
- vegetable oil (used for deep frying)
- Season the chicken drumsticks with the garlic salt, and let it marinate overnight.
- Combine the flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder, 3 tsp oil, and water together and mix. It should form a batter. Add more water if the mixture is too thick. Add more cornstarch if it's too wet.
- Place the marinaded drumsticks in a large bowl and pour in the batter. Mix well until all of the chicken is covered.
- Heat up the oil in a deep fryer. Once ready, put the chicken in, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Once the cooking is done, place the chicken in a bowl with a towel to drain some of the oil. Keep frying the chicken until all of the chicken is cooked.
- Enjoy. )