Friday, August 19, 2011

Healthy Baked Chicken Strips



Hello, everyone! How are you guys doing? I'm so bored that I decided to try out making some healthy baked chicken strips. I already finished my summer work, so I have a lot of time on my hands.  I got this idea while I was watching the Dr. Oz show yesterday. As you know, I want to eat healthier, so that I can be healthy, and lose weight at the same time. The thing that I don't like is that the healthy foods generally cost more than the regular ones. It's quite sad. I guess I will post some healthier food options on one of my posts later on. It would be helpful, not just for me, but for you guys as well. I will ask a dietitian a few questions when I have the time, and I will tell you guys what they say. If you guys have any questions about nutrition, feel free to email me.
This recipe I used was experimental, and this is how it turned out. See the picture? It could have turned out better, I guess, but it's still pretty decent. My little brother likes them. So, here's the recipe. I hope you guys like it.

Ingredients
  • chicken breasts
  • 1/2 cup ground flax seed (or bread crumbs, panko, or flour)
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp basil
  • 2 egg whites, whisked
  • garlic salt
  • butter flavored cooking spray
Directions
  1. Wash the chicken, making sure it's clean and pat dry with paper towels. 
  2. Cut the chicken breast into strips and season with garlic salt. 

  3. In a bowl, mix together the flax seed, garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder, paprika, and basil. 
  4. Dip the chicken into the egg whites, then, into the flax seed mixture. Place it on a baking pan. 
  5. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Spray the chicken lightly with butter flavored cooking spray
  6. Bake in the oven for about 30 to 40 minutes. 
  7. Take out and enjoy with ranch, BBQ sauce, tartar sauce, ketchup or mayo. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...