Hello, everyone! How are you guys doing? I'm so bored that I decided to try out making some healthy baked chicken strips. I already finished my summer work, so I have a lot of time on my hands. I got this idea while I was watching the Dr. Oz show yesterday. As you know, I want to eat healthier, so that I can be healthy, and lose weight at the same time. The thing that I don't like is that the healthy foods generally cost more than the regular ones. It's quite sad. I guess I will post some healthier food options on one of my posts later on. It would be helpful, not just for me, but for you guys as well. I will ask a dietitian a few questions when I have the time, and I will tell you guys what they say. If you guys have any questions about nutrition, feel free to email me.
This recipe I used was experimental, and this is how it turned out. See the picture? It could have turned out better, I guess, but it's still pretty decent. My little brother likes them. So, here's the recipe. I hope you guys like it.
- chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed (or bread crumbs, panko, or flour)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 egg whites, whisked
- garlic salt
- butter flavored cooking spray
- Wash the chicken, making sure it's clean and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut the chicken breast into strips and season with garlic salt.
- In a bowl, mix together the flax seed, garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder, paprika, and basil.
- Dip the chicken into the egg whites, then, into the flax seed mixture. Place it on a baking pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Spray the chicken lightly with butter flavored cooking spray
- Bake in the oven for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Take out and enjoy with ranch, BBQ sauce, tartar sauce, ketchup or mayo. :)