Monday, September 19, 2011

AnPan Man

 Hey everyone. I just recently went to a Japanese Bakery for the first time, and, the breads were delicious! I never head about it until my friend mentioned it one day, and I knew I had to go out and try it. The first picture is of the AnPan Man from the bakery. They make the red bean kind and the chocolate kind. I decided to choose the chocolate kind (with chocolate cream too), because I like chocolate. It's pretty delicious and looks pretty cool. The next time I go, however, I'll try the actual red bean kind. So, I attempted to make the AnPan Man. I'm halfway successful. I realized that I didn't have anything to use to make the eyes and the mouth. I was able to make the cheeks and the nose, which I'm happy about. Maybe next time, I'll stick two chocolate chips for the eyes, or I can make icing and add food coloring. It's just an idea. Also at the bakery, they had Kobe Cream Delight, Double Chocolate Bread, Chocolate Hat, and the regular red bean buns. They also had Strawberry with Cream and blueberries and a lot of other things, but they cost a lot more. My favorites will have to be the AnPan Man, Double Chocolate and the Kobe Cream Delight. They are delicious. Anyways, the AnPan Man recipe. It's why I'm making this post. Well, here's the recipe. Enjoy. :)
What You need: 
  • The recipe for the bread dough
  • can of red beans
  • something you want to make the eyes and mouth (icing, beans, candy, chocolate chips, melted chocolate, etc.)
Dough (for those who are lazy):

  • 3 3/4 cup bread flour
  • 3/4  cup sugar
  • 1/2  cup warm milk
  • 1/2  cup warm water
  • 2 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
  • 1 egg, whisked
  • 1/4  cup oil

Directions: 
  1. In a bowl pour in the warm water and warm milk. Mix in the sugar. 
  2. Add in the active dry yeast and let it poof for about 10 minutes.
  3. Mix in the egg and oil. 
  4. Slowly add in the flour, cup by cup,  until a dough has formed. Knead the dough. It should be elastic, but it shouldn't stick to the bowl. 
  5. Cover it with plastic, and let it rise for about an hour in a warm place. 
  6. Push the dough down to let out the air.
  7. Divide the dough into 15 pieces, and let them rise for an hour.
  8.  Flatten the dough, add the red bean, and then enclose the red bean with the dough. Roll it into a ball.  Make sure you have extra dough. With the extra dough, you make 3 little circles for reach bun. 2 for the cheeks, one for the nose.
  9. Let it rise for another hour.
  10. Add in the eyes, if you are using chocolate chips or beans, or whatever you are using. If it's icing or melted chocolate, you add it after the bread is done baking. Brush the top with egg yolk if desired and bake for 13 to 15 minutes. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...