Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sushi

Hey you guys. It's been a while since I posted a recipe. I've been so busy with school. I have so many AP classes, clubs, and I have journalism too. I created the Healthcare Club at my school just this year. I'm so excited for the club. So, anyways, I decided to make some sushi. Sushi is so yummy. I haven't made it in such a long time that I decided to make some. I know, I already posted a sushi recipe before, but this recipe is a bit different. Also, we didn't have any avocados, but that's okay. I'll make sure to have them next time I make sushi. This sushi I made has imitation crab meat and spam. I can't wait to add different things to the sushi. I really like adding fried shrimp or chicken. It'd be cool to add tofu too. There are so many possibilities of food combinations. So, yeah, anyways, here's a recipe to my sushi. You can add other things too, if you want. Enjoy.

Ingredients


Sushi Rice:

  • 4 cups of sushi rice
  • water (to cook the rice in)
  • 2/3 cup rice vinegar
  • 6 tablespoons sugar
  • 3 tsp salt
  • 2 tablespoon Mirin
Fillings (which are optional)
  • spam
  • imitation crab meat
  • avocado
  • tofu
  • egg
  • shrimp
And of course, you need seaweed. 

Directions
  1. Put the rice in a rice cooker pot. Rinse it 2 to 3 times.  Fill it up with water until it reaches around the 4 1/2 to 5 cup mark. Cook the rice. 
  2. While the rice is cooking, make the sauce for the rice. Mix together the vinegar, sugar, salt and mirin. 
  3. Once the rice is done cooking, scoop the rice out into a huge bowl, and gradually mix in the vinegar mixture. 
  4. Place a seaweed sheet onto a bamboo seaweed roller thing ( I don't know what it's called). Spread sushi rice onto it. Then, add the fillings along the edge.. Roll it over once so that the filling is covered. Then, continue rolling until the whole roll is rolled up. Cut into small pieces. You can basically put any type of filling you want in the sushi. Enjoy. :)

    Here's the link to my other sushi recipe. It has pictures. Well, I hope you guys enjoy the sushi. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...