- 4 cups of sushi rice
- water (to cook the rice in)
- 2/3 cup rice vinegar
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tsp salt
- 2 tablespoon Mirin
Fillings (which are optional)
- imitation crab meat
And of course, you need seaweed.
- Put the rice in a rice cooker pot. Rinse it 2 to 3 times. Fill it up with water until it reaches around the 4 1/2 to 5 cup mark. Cook the rice.
- While the rice is cooking, make the sauce for the rice. Mix together the vinegar, sugar, salt and mirin.
- Once the rice is done cooking, scoop the rice out into a huge bowl, and gradually mix in the vinegar mixture.
- Place a seaweed sheet onto a bamboo seaweed roller thing ( I don't know what it's called). Spread sushi rice onto it. Then, add the fillings along the edge.. Roll it over once so that the filling is covered. Then, continue rolling until the whole roll is rolled up. Cut into small pieces. You can basically put any type of filling you want in the sushi. Enjoy. :)
Here's the link to my other sushi recipe. It has pictures. Well, I hope you guys enjoy the sushi.