- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup UNBLEACHED all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup olive (or canola) oil (can increase to 1 cup, if you want moist brownies. 1/2 cup was dry)
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flours, cocoa, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Mix in the water and olive oil.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- The batter should be a bit more liquidy than other brownie batter. Mines turned out a bit dry with 1/2 cup oil, so, I suggest adding 1/4 cup more.
- Grease a baking pan and evenly pour the batter in.
- Bake for about 30 minutes
- Use the toothpick test to make sure the brownies are cooked all the way. Let it cool, and cut it into 30 pieces. Enjoy.