Friday, October 21, 2011

Whole Wheat Pancakes

Hey everyone! Man, have things been crazy around here. I've been so busy with school. The past week has been Spirit Week at my school, and, I can say, many of my classmates go crazy dressing up. I wish I had taken pictures.
I may start posting more random things about my day, like the healthy foods/snacks, exercise, all of that. I will also try to add recipes or link you guys to healthy recipes I've found. There are quite a lot, to tell you the truth. I just haven't gotten around to try them out, because my family doesn't like me trying to make foods healthy.
Anyway, here I am. It's time for a new recipe today. So, as you guys know, it's my new mission to try to make foods a bit more healthy. So, I decided to make Whole Wheat pancakes. For being healthy, these are quite delicious. My father even likes them, even though he hates whole wheat items. He ate them during the week. :) Just freeze the leftovers, and heat them up in the toaster or toaster oven and they are ready to go. So, here is the recipe for the pancakes.

This makes around 10 pancakes.

Ingredients:

  • 1 3/4  cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
  • 2 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 2-3 tablespoon honey
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1  1/2 cup milk
  • 1  tablespoon canola or olive oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
Directions:
  1. In a bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients: the flour, baking powder and salt. You can add cinnamon if you want to. 1 tsp ground cinnamon, if wanted. 
  2. In another bowl, mix together the eggs, honey, milk, sugar, oil and vanilla extract. 
  3. Slowly mix in the the dry ingredients INTO the wet ingredients. Mix until combined. 
  4. Let it rest for a few minutes. 
  5. Pour about 1/4 cup onto a medium heated griddle/skillet and wait until it bubbles or lightly browned. Then, flip and cook for another minute or so. Make sure both sides are browned. 
  6. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, or eat with bananas, nutella, strawberries, or whipped cream. It's your choice. I sometimes eat it with dulce de leche, but that's just my personal preferance. Enjoy. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...